3:15 PM

Nothing but an intro.

Posted by Kendra |

What you're about to see is real and brought to you in the comfort of your own home (hopefully, running water included).

My name is Kendra. I'm 24. TWENTY FOUR! It sounds bad to me because those low 20's...21, 22, 23...all those years were foreign to me. You see, I spent them being Mommy rather than the newly legal party-er. I don't regret one thing, but sometimes it seems like I've spent way to much being "Mommy" and not enough time being "Kendra".

My son, "B" as we call him, was born in 2007. He is the light of my life, and I spend much more time playing with him than doing dishes...or laundry...or vacuuming.

Much of this most likely stems from the fact that I have all of these memories of my father growing up, taking me for a candy bar after school. He'd buy us each a lotto ticket, and at 7, scratching it was insanely exciting! But my mom...not so much. I remember her cleaning. Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning.

And while I agree that a house can't get so out of control that you can't move, I don't need a spotless house to be happy, and neither does B. In fact, he's much happier if I skip the dishes for awhile and go outside to play in the yard.

My house isn't spotless, I don't run around cleaning waiting for hubby to get home. I sure as shit am not gonna make myself all pretty for him, take his coat and briefcase and serve him some coffee with his paper after he gets off work. I'm just not THAT housewife. In fact, I'm not really any housewife. >:-}

The laundry piles up in my house, dishes are stacked by the sink, there are stains in the carpet...but we are happy!!! Well...maybe not hubby, lol, but their opinion never matters, now does it?

So here you have it. My life where happiness trumps cleanliness, where tradition is taken in small doses. I try, I give it an honest effort. See my goal tracker? That's my big, REAL housewife goal for the week (there are others, I'm not lazy).

To top it all off, I am also working to get off the baby weight. Who has time to clean when Tony Horton and the P90X are in your living room? 45 minutes with him and you'd rather break dishes than stand another 10 minutes to do them! (:

Stay with me, guys, it's gonna get VERY interesting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe