10:11 AM

The weight wait

Posted by Kendra |

I was always a little chubby...until after I graduated. I exercised, and ate right, and got into my coveted SIZE SIXES!!!

When I moved in with my boyfriend in 2005, I weighed about 135. I had been working part time and secured my first full-time, big girl job. Up until then, I had been in school (which I couldn't afford any longer). I sat on my butt all day, and typed. I didn't mind it, but my body was very angry. The pounds dribbled on. Not noticeably, however my pants slowly got tighter and tighter until I was at the point where some pants never even left the drawer (yeah, my favorites. GRRRR!).

When I found out I was pregnant, I think my first prenatal weigh in was around 160. I was sick. I hadn't stepped on a scale in a year, and 20 pounds?! The weight didn't come fast during my pregnancy, a pound here, a couple there. Then in my eighth month, my son had a growth spurt and went crazy. I tipped the scales at my last appt at around 205 (and yeah, with HIS growth spurt, my belly had one, too, leaving me with some nice "stretchy" reminders).

I prayed that my son would be a whopper and I'd drop 20 or 30 lbs after birth. Nope. 197. Horrified. Sick. Disgusted.

But it was all about my son at that point..."B" we call him. A few months later I got down to 175, and a year later when I tried to diet again, 170. Now ANOTHER year later I've come to realize it's Kendra time. My son is my number one priority, but there is no reason I can't concentrate on my own health, too. I started this round, this FINAL round at 184 and have managed to wiggle my way to under 174 already. I'm in. I've got a taste of the loss and I'm not stopping now. It's a drug, the weight loss.

Now I have to stand here and argue. I weigh myself every day. Sometimes more than once. People will say it's unhealthy, however, I disagree. On days I see a loss, my day brightens up. I am excited to keep going with my diet and exercise and love knowing there's progress going on. On days I see no change, or an increase, it makes me want to work that much harder. Where's the down side?

A friend once told me that, "Pain is weakness leaving the body." and while I know it's not HIS quote, it was the first time I'd heard it. My weakness is going away. And I love knowing that.

I guess there's more than one journey to stalk, now. My weight tracker, located on the right, will let you know how I'm doing. And of course, I'll make it a point to post my favorite recipes (because healthy doesn't have to be YUCKY).

Other than pure entertainment, my goal for this blog is to help unorganized, anti-cleaning people like me overcome those habits and slowly make new ones. And to help people get healthy, because it really is easy!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe